About Me

My photo
I am very outgoing and i love to laugh. I enjoy spending time with my friends and family! I am a very easy going person that goes with the flow.

Thursday, June 10, 2010


Imagine looking down from fourty feet in the air, and the only thing holding you up is a thin rope tied in a knot. You have gone too far to turn back now. You feel as though you are stranded and no one can help you, but then all of the sudden you hear the voices of people below you, people you have just met, cheering you on and helping you get through the most challenging event in your life.


In this program I have met 44 intelligent individuals that all differ in personality, appearance, and ethnicity. Although very different, they all have one thing in common and that is the ability to be open to forming new friendships and genuinely be there for one another. During the high ropes course at Camp Carol Joy I don't know what I would have done without the support of the other students and my supervisors. Not only were they there for me at camp, but they were there for me at Scott Hall too. Whether it was toothpaste I needed or just someone to talk to, the students were there to help me.


Out of all the things I experienced in the past week, I enjoyed making new friends the most. I

couldn't have asked for better room mates. They were sharing, helpful, and friendly. As for the rest of the students they were all very inviting and never left anyone out of the group. These students have had a very positive impact on my life and taught me to challenge myself and go outside of my comfort zone. You never know what you can do until you actually try.


The RTAs had a positive impact on me as well. They always tried to stay positve even when we didn't have the best attitudes or make the best of what we had. What ever we needed they supplied it. If we didn't know something the RTAs were there to inform us as best they could. They gave us good advice on how to be the best college student possible and we had so much fun in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers